Monday, February 9, 2009

When in Roma...



My Roman friend's name is Lavinia, which means "Mother of the Italian Race." She is all that and more: Extraordinarily brilliant, funny, passionate, incisive and loves above all things, to dance. I have supped at her table many nights; she is an indulgent cook and friend. If you happen into her circle of light, you will be blessed. I joined Lavinia and her mother for breakfast one morning and captured the elegance of her table in the photo above.

We were in Rome today at the studio and I thought of these two beautiful Italian women. I want to cook for them someday soon and return the blessings they have bestowed on me...


Carciofi alla Romana


Gnocchi alla Romana


Braised Lamb with Eggplant Fries

1 comment:

Nick said...

this Carciofi photo, of all the great photos, rises above!