Sunday, February 8, 2009

I had Bolognese sauce on the brain when I woke up this morning. We made a fantastic lasagne with it in class last week. Figured I would get a pot started late morning, maybe buy a pasta maker to fit my new mixer and try and recreate it and invite a neighbor or two over. Went to the market and that's when all hell broke loose. Spotted star anise next to the nutmeg. Pear clafouti! Oranges and fennel...do I have white wine vinegar left? Think simple: Oh yeah-broccoli soup!

This is my first menu made outside of class; I'm a bona-fide beginner. The dishes come from all over the map, but each one was a success in it's own right and I even made minor improvisations to a few:

Toasted Broccoli Soup


Pissaladiere de Nice


Pasta with Bolognese Sauce


Friend Caught Licking Plate


Lemon Orange Tart with Candied Orange Peel



Pan de Genoa with Orange and Star Anise Syrup- They asked, Is the syrup Amaretto?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is rare indeed to find a blog that instills warmth, reflection, culinary delights, fun (and good!) photography and such an open hearted acceptance of the joys that a full life provides.

Keep writing!